Ranked Battles Series 9 Regulations Announced
Pokémon Company International (TPCi) has released the new ruleset for competitive battles. These Series 9 rules will be standard for all competitions, including Ranked Battles, Players Cup events, and the Championship series, taking effect as of May 1st, 2021. These Series 9 rules are the same as the Series 7 rules, where "restricted" Pokémon (most Legendary Pokémon and all Mythical Pokémon) were not permitted to battle.
The rules for Ranked Battles Series 9 are listed below.
- Pokémon will either need the Galar symbol OR the battle-ready symbol to participate.
- All Pokémon in the Galar Pokédex, Isle of Armor Pokédex, and Crown Tundra Pokédex are allowed, EXCLUDING:
- Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Zacian, Zamazenta, Eternatus, and Calyrex
- All Mythical Pokémon
- Gigantamax Factor is permitted.
- All Pokémon, including those under level 50, are set to level 50.
- Duplicate Pokémon and duplicate held items are not allowed.
- 90-second Team Preview period before each battle.
- Players have the following time limits during each battle:
- 7 minutes of Your Time (Total time to make decisions & selections over the course of the battle)
- 45 seconds of Move Time (Time allowed per turn to make decisions & selections)
- 20 minutes of Game Time (Total time allowed to complete the battle)